OUC - The Reliable One, an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment is presently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Transmission Planner to be part of the Transmission Planning & Reliability division.
OUC Transmission Planning team is responsible for a range of functions from supporting real time operations within the control room to planning the OUC system 10+ years into the future including generation interconnections. We work with a range tools including PowerGEM TARA, Siemens PTI PSS/E, Aspen, EMS real time study tools, and PSCAD.
OUC planning team members are actively engaged within the power community with regular opportunities to participate in training events, conferences, and committees at a regional and national level. The team monitors and participates in researching emerging issues, advancements in best practices, and standards development.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions. Click here to learn more about what we do.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university
· Master’s degree in Engineering (preferred)
· Registered as a Professional Engineer or Advanced Certification in Power Systems (preferred)
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in electrical transmission systems planning
· Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: o Power Plant Operations (i.e. Real-Time, Tags, Schedules, Operators) o Familiarity with line, transformer and generator modeling concepts o Transmission Planning and/or Operations Planning concepts and practices o State Estimation and Real Time contingency Analysis tolls
OUC Total Rewards package includes to cite a few:
· Competitive compensation
· Low cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period
· Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
· Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
· Educational and professional assistance programs;
Established in 1923 by a special act of the Florida Legislature, OUC—The Reliable One is the second largest municipal utility in Florida and 14th largest municipal in the country. OUC provides electric, water, chilled water and lighting services to more than 240,000 customers in Orlando, St. Cloud and parts of unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties.OUC has maintained the best electric reliability in the state of Florida for 18 years in a row. And its water, known as H2OUC, was named the best drinking water in the state in 2004 by the Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (AWWA).OUC is focused not just on reliability and affordability but weaves sustainability into everything it does. This includes opening the area’s first community solar farm, installing nearly 150 electric vehicle charging stations, implementing a comprehensive corporate recycling program, and encouraging its customers to use energy and water as wisely as possible.We have lived up to our name by providing the most reliable electric service in Florida and finishing well ahead of the state’s investor-owned utilities in key performance areas that measure overall electric distribution reliability.... What does that mean for you? It means you can rely on us to provide reliable and affordable electric and water service to you in an environmentally responsible manner. We are committed to:OneAvoiding interruptions to your serviceTwoRestoring your service promptly if an outage should occurThreeKeeping you informedFourContinually improving our systems so you always receive the most reliable servicehttps://issuu.com/oucthereliableone/docs/ouc_historybook_web_single_pgs