Provide world class quality engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas and product launch activities that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Senior Quality Engineer will support the quality manager in establishing performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as, identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company products and services.
Ensures compliance with the company’s Quality Management System and accepted manufacturing practices.
Ensures compliance with all Product Safety Procedure requirements; fully understands and ensures compliance with Bendix Product Safety Escalation Process.
Understands and enforce Critical Characteristics/Special Characteristics in terms of: controlling the characteristic using appropriate tools to ensure capability and stability of the process and product; understands the potential outcome if the characteristic is not in specification and the liability to the company if a defective part gets into the field.
Subject Matter expert with FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, SPC – AIAG Modules and statistical process control.
Establish / Maintain Statistical Process Controls at areas of responsibility, including at all required Product Safety characteristics (CC/SC).
Perform Capability Studies at required processes to determine process stability and analyze data to define actions to implement if improvement is required.
Identifies adverse quality trends as evidenced by statistical analysis and assists process engineering/manufacturing personnel in the development of corrective actions.
Identifies and implements improvements with manufacturing teams that reduce product cost, improve quality, and maximize customer satisfaction.
Lead SPS (Simple Problem Solving / Red X) teams in root cause analysis of specific projects and report out to high level staff.
Review of scrap top offenders and define corrective actions to reduce cost, and improve output.
12. Completes Gage R&R’s on all measurement systems / gages at areas of responsibility.
13. Continuously researches and implements “Best Practice” manufacturing/processing methods and processes regarding quality.
14. Works with manufacturing engineering to validate current processes and components.
15. Ensures that effective documentation and control systems are developed, utilized, and maintained properly.
16. Assists in the design and build of manufacturing/assembly/processing equipment and processes.
17. Coordinates and performs special studies, DOE’s and analysis.
18. Reviews and makes disposition on non-conforming materials.
19. Track, and drive for closure of RNC (Reports for Nonconformity) for the area of responsibility.
20. Prepares and makes presentations to customers, employees, and all levels of the management team.
21. Utilizes a teamwork approach to achieve goals with particular emphasis on Operations Teams.
22. Provides technical leadership, training and support to manufacturing teams, as well as, to peers.
23. Designs, installs and evaluates quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques to support the business.
24. Establishes and maintains customer quality metrics.
25. Drives the reduction of external and internal non-conformances.
26. Serves as an IATF-16949 / ISO14000 / VDA Internal Auditor.
27. Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for IATF-16949 and ISO14001.
28. Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by the department manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical/Industrial management is required or similar field.
Requires at least 5 years of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
Requires strong knowledge of IATF16949 quality standards.
Proficient knowledge/skills reading drawings and geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading people, driving a positive work environment is required.
Expert in the use of Problem-Solving Tools and Root Cause Analysis (3L5W, 5W1H, Fishbone diagram, RNC, etc.)
Strong critical thinking skills are required.
Flexible – can adapt to frequent priority changes & substantial role diversity.
Able to teach and mentor others in methodologies of Quality Science.
Must be able to use statistical analysis to define actions and resolve issues.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), and Statistical Tools is required.
Strong Written and Oral communications skills are required.
Ability to handle multiple priorities at a time is required.
Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles is required.