Health and Safety Engineering, Health/Safety - Inspection, Health/Safety - Quality
4 Year Degree
We are a well-established construction company located in Prince George’s County, Maryland and are seeking an experienced SAFETY MANAGER to join our team. The Safety Manager will ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a culture of safety.
This is your opportunity to rise and lift your career to new heights as you help us in re-building DC’s aging infrastructure. Come be a part of our family, our efficient Lean Six Sigma production philosophy, and our unmatched reputation. Together we can build history!
Responsibilities of this position include:
1. Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
2. Develop KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of safety program, using established goals.
3. Develop Implement and Promote Companies Safety & Health programs.
4. Provide necessary Leadership and inter-department collaboration to ensure profitable and successful Safety outcomes.
5. Monitor compliance to policy and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
6. Develop and monitor Loss Prevention Action Plan. Lead the process of performing risk assessments of all processes and developing control points that will be monitored to ensure safety of field production employees.
7. Review OSHA and EM385 programs annually and modify our safety and health plans to ensure compliance based on new and emerging information that impacts the field operations.
8. Manage and enhance Production Safety Awards program insuring the program instills a companywide safety culture and employee education/awareness goal.
9. Serve as lead on (external) Safety Award and Recognition projects, such Step Awards for ABC.
10. Keeping accurate records and implementing proper record management system for all lines of liability insurance, worker’s compensation claims management, and OSHA compliance reporting.
11. Develop methods and procedures to maintain awareness and ensure compliance in the regulatory environment. Ensure company is on the leading edge of issues.
12. Report to proper authority as required for all general liability, workers compensation, auto liability and OSHA incidents.
13. Lead tracking and investigation details of accidents and injuries, and insure corrective actions are implemented and tracked through close claim management.
14. Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident protection.
15. Act as liaison between the company and the insurance claims departments, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
16. Responsible for all facets of modified duty and return to work programs, including coordination with insurance companies, human resources and employees.
Demonstrated leadership experience, as well as analytical, and organizational skills to ensure functional excellence. Ability to work without much supervision and desire to truly “own” the safety department. Bachelors Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety is preferred. Minimum of 5 years of relevant safety and health experience with preferably in the construction industry Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations applicable to operations Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing skills Self-starter Minimum of 1-year experience in facilitating safety/quality related training events. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. We offer YOU:
A competitive base salary to commensurate with experience. Excellent comprehensive employee benefits – to include attractive coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We also offer the following options to our employees: Supplemental insurance. PTO Paid holidays 401(k). Professional development opportunities. The opportunity to have high visibility in the company and run your own Risk Management department, reporting directly to an Executive of the company.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is depending on experience.
About B. Frank Joy LLC
BF Joy is a veteran-owned small business specializing in the installation, maintenance and rehabilitation of underground infrastructure for the public and private sectors.
We are an industry leader in our market. We have become the leader through hard work and maintaining a great reputation. We are seeking a candidate that brings that type work ethic, enthusiasm, and managerial skills to build their department to achieve desired results. Our work environment is fast paced with continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork.